Inarca INAR-IDC RAST connectors
Unique and essential characteristics of IDC connectors – which in some cases differ from those offered by other manufacturers include:
- Cover joined to the connector body by a hinge. This allows for an “open” termination so it can be checked before closing the cover.
- Four points of contact on the IDC side.
- The new ranges of RATS 2.5, 5 TC and 5 PCB connectors are supplied in front chains with optimised packaging space and without producing scraps during separation.
- The base plastic material is the same for all versions: no flame GWT 750°-850°
- Terminal production and subsequent assembly is controlled 100% by optical systems.
- In our automatic wiring machines, we use the same technology for production control.
- The entire range of wiring equipment is produced and supplied by Inarca
4 ranges of insulation displacement products are available:
- RAST 2.5
- RAST 2.5 Energy
- RAST 5 TC
- RAST 5 PCB
Inarca products comply with international standards. List of UL and VDE approvals available upon request.
INAR-IDC RAST 2.5
The INAR- RAST 2.5 insulation displacement connector fitting system has been designed for use on PCBs. It is suitable for the transmission of control and signal currents. Connectors with between 2 and up to 20 ways are available, which the wirer can polarise using dedicated equipment supplied by Inarca.
The system consists of:
The connector created for electrical connections with between 2 and 20 ways houses metal terminals with a 2.5 mm pitch. A 5 mm pitch is also possible by loading the terminals selectively. The connection between the metal terminals and the electrical cables is achieved by applying insulation displacement technology, using the double spade shape of the terminal. This results in 4 points of contact between the terminal and the cable. After the wiring operation, the connector is closed with its hinged cover, thus achieving system insulation and mechanical wire retention.
INAR”RAST 2.5 connectors are supplied with the pre-mounted terminals and all polarisations fitted. The supply status is in front strips (…06). They can be supplied pre-polarised upon request.
INAR-IDC RAST 2.5 ENERGY
The INAR-RAST 2.5 ENERGY insulation displacement connector fitting system has been designed for use on PCBs. It is suitable for allowing a higher current flow than the RAST 2.5. The connectors in this range can also have the cable output at 180°, with wire locking on the connector flap.
INAR-IDC RAST 5 TC and RAST 5 PCB
Inarca’s IDC Rast 5 family of connectors comprises the TC version for indirect connection on TAB 6.3 x 0.8 and the PCB version for direct connection to the board. These connectors comply with the Rast 5 standard so the pitch is 5mm. The external shape is geometrically similar, allowing the same semi-automatic and automatic equipment to be used in the production of wiring. Both connectors have a dedicated housing on the cover which allows the cable output to be at 180° as well as the standard 90°. The Rast 5 TC and PCB family of connectors are supplied attached together in front strips. The special system used has the advantage of not generating scraps when the connectors are separated. In terms of the connection quality, both Rast 5 TC and Rast 5 PCB connectors use two points of contact in both the IDC area and in the contact area on TAB or PCB.
Another important feature is the range type of processable wires:
- In the Rast 5 TC version at 10A, between 0.35 and 1 mm2 / and at 16A between 1 and 1.5 mm2
- In the RAST 5 PCB version between 0.35 and 0.75.